Blue Sun Studio offers a wide range of design, training and coaching services, including but not limited to creating websites, books, marketing materials (posters, post cards, banners, business cards, flyers, brochures, etc.), logos, print and digital ads, and business stationary. Contact us for a free consultation and specific quote on your next project. Click here to visit our portfolio.
No matter what your level of website experience, we have a package to suit your needs.
- Mobile responsive, so they’ll look great across numerous devices. Mobile responsive means your site will automatically shrink and readjust to fit smaller screens without distorting the site or force your mobile visitors to scroll in multiple directions just to see your information.
- Helps keep your site running smoothly with the most recent coding compliance and regular updates.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Makes it easier for search engines, and the people who use them, to find your site. Light, clean optimized coding on the back end keeps it all running smoothly without you having to think about it.
- Increased security. We know this is a concern of yours, and every site owner out there. Genesis works hand in hand with WordPress updates and has the best security possible. The developers at Genesis follow all of the best practices for WordPress security.
- Instant updates. The moment Genesis releases an update, you know about it. By logging into your WordPress dashboard and clicking the yellow alert, you’re up to date in seconds without worrying about overwriting any of your theme’s customizations.
- Multiple Custom Layout options. Need another column on a page? Don’t want any columns at all? Customizing the layout within your theme is easy and flexible. Each page has the option of two column, three column or one big column (perfect for instant sales pages).
- Trusted developers. We’ve been using Brian Gardner themes since he hit the internet scene twelve years ago with his Studio Press themes. His code has always been clean and his themes extremely user friendly, and it’s this attention to quality that keeps us going back for more. Blue Sun won’t recommend anything we can’t stand behind and Genesis is no exception.
Click here for more information about our websites.
Let It Grow!
Our Let it Grow website package gives you a clean, pretty, mobile responsive site and peace of mind. You also get a site that grows with you and your business. WordPress training is included, along with plenty of ongoing support from us. We won’t let go of your hand until you feel confident you understand what you’re doing and your site is exactly the way you want it.
We also won’t try selling you on more than you need. You don’t have to worry about installing a shopping cart or membership plugin right away. You may have that goal on your wishlist, but you can do that later without much fuss at all. This is all about doing your site on your terms.
Investment: $850 (Shopping carts, membership functions and other customizations may be included for an additional fee. Contact us for a free consultation and quote)
Is your current site difficult to manage? If it requires you to go through a webmaster to add or change a page, or jump through complex coding hoops to accomplish your goals, chances are it was built on HTML and isn’t a WordPress site—or is mobile responsive.
Our website conversions work with your current branding, incorporating it into a WordPress installation using the Genesis Framework with a StudioPress child theme that fits your website goals.
Investment: Starting at $1,200 (Contact us for a free consultation and quote).
Is your current hosting account giving you major headaches? Did they sell you more than you needed? Does their customer service and user interface have you tearing your hair out? It’s time for you to move to a hosting company that takes better care of you and your site.
Blue Sun Studio has been working with In Motion Hosting for over 15 years, both professionally and personally. We highly recommend their services and have successfully migrated many clients’ sites to them. We have the utmost confidence in their customer service and response time.
Investment: Pricing varies, contact us for a free consultation and quote.
Adobe Creative Cloud
Learn how to use the Adobe Creative Cloud programs like the pros do and make your graphics projects shine. No matter what your level of experience, Deb will help you with the technical aspects of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Get personal, customized training sessions and learn exactly what you want and need.
Stuck with how to manage your WordPress site on your own? Deb’s training classes will take you on a personal tour of your WordPress dashboard and show you how to make Pages and Posts, how to add/update plugins, create menus and more.
Training Session Investment: All training sessions are $150 for two hours jam packed with information designed to fit your specific needs. Want to learn with friends? Ask us about group workshop rates.
Writing with Confidence: Inspire Your Inner Muse
Improve your writing abilities with workshops, personal training and coaching from published authors.
Manuscript Mentoring for Fiction and Non-fiction Books
In-depth structural mentoring of your current manuscript. Wendi and Deb teach you how to fill in those plot holes, create organized chapters, breathe life into your characters and paint your words into glorious pictures your readers won’t want to put down.
Continue on a month-to-month basis for as long as you need with easy subscription payments. Choose from two calls a month or four.
- Interactive Google Document (Gdoc) of your manuscript, and personal project discussion journal, available to you 24/7 with live feedback from Wendi and Deb every step of the way.
- Professional manuscript critique and training.
- Two 1hr phone calls (one every two weeks) to work out tricky areas and address your issues.
- Interactive Gdoc of your manuscript, and personal project discussion journal, available to you 24/7 with live feedback.
- Professional manuscript critique and training.
- Weekly 1hr phone calls (four per month) to work out tricky areas and address your issues.
Publishing With Blue Sun Studio
Blue Sun Studio Publishing is dedicated to helping authors produce professional quality books. We focus on the key elements of publication: you, your story and quality design, inside and out. We believe that education is key and we want our clients to feel confident as they navigate the publishing waters. With training, mentoring and creating a unique design for your book, you can be certain your product will be exceptional without having to endure overwhelm.
Your specific publishing package is determined after assessing your manuscript.
(For more information and to view our Submission Guidelines click here)
Ready-to-Go Publishing Package (Fiction and Non-Fiction)
This package is for the manuscript that needs minimal polishing. Your story is solid, your edits are few. Services include:
- Original print and digital cover
- Print and digital interior formatting.
- Gdoc project tracking
- Self-publishing mentoring and training (We hold your hand through the entire process!) to help you set up your print and digital accounts,etc.
- Author Website: Basic WordPress website with your book’s branding built on the Genesis framework with WooCommerce shopping cart. (Self hosted account required.)
- WordPress training
- Social Network Graphics: your book’s branding for Facebook and Twitter
- Starter marketing materials based on your book branding:
- Business card
- Media Kit: Downloadable/printable PDF with all the vital stats about your book and you, that you can use when selling to bookstores or arranging for signings, lectures and workshops to promote your book.
Publishing Package with Manuscript Mentoring
The entire Publishing Package plus:
- Manuscript Mentoring: For manuscripts needing developmental editing to get that story to shine.
- Eight weeks of developmental editing instruction. Learn what to look for in your story to make it come to life.
- Interactive Gdoc, available to you 24/7 with live feedback from Wendi and Deb every step of the way
- Two 1hr phone calls
Investment: $4,300* (automatic payment plans available)
Workshops and Speaking Opportunities for Your Event
(Contact us for pricing and availability)
How to Create Page-turning Tension in your Novel Workshop
How to Stay Motivated in a Burnt-out World Workshop/Speaking engagement
Is Self Publishing for You? Five part series including:
- Intro to Self Publishing
- Your Manuscript is Done, Now What?
- Building Your Author Platform
- Book Design Part One: Covers
- Book Design Part Two: Interior Formatting